Wednesday, June 22, 2011

signs and stars

Yesterday I saw I sign that said "you have the right to smile, you have the right to frown"  I kind of love this.  I agree that joy and happiness should not be regulated, and that sad emotions deserve attention as well.  It is not fair when people think they can only express the happy feelings.  Although sadness is not where I want to live, it is an emotion that can offer relief when it is finally expressed and set free.

Today as the lightrail passed over the Tempe Town Lake the sun made the water twinkle.  I wrote a poem:                   
                                           Stars on the water, sparkling
                They each get a moment to shine as the sun hits them individually
                                        Stars could show their light all day
                but only with that perfect morning beam will they let me make my wish

No comments:

Post a Comment